Monday, 27 July 2015

What Sacked Keshi Wants From NFF As Compensation Will Stun You

Former Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has demanded a whooping sum of N1Billion as compensation from Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for “wrongful dismissal and defamation”, AfricanFootball.com reports.


This was disclosed in a letter from a Kaduna-based law firm received by the NFF on Friday, July 24, 2015.


It would be recalled that Keshi last week dragged the NFF to court for allegedly defaming him after he was giving the marching order on July 5, 2015 when the NFF disciplinary committee investigated various allegations against him.


That was four months after the 53-year-old coached signed a new two-year contract after his initial three year deal with the NFF ran out at last year’s World cup in Brazil.


READ ALSO: 2018 World Cup: Super Eagles Gets Easy Draw


Reports also indicated that Keshi was paid his outstanding monies before his sack.


Sacked Stephen Keshi

Sacked Stephen Keshi



However, a report on Daily Sun Sports has it that, NFF hasn’t received any letter from any law firm, demanding N1billion compensation to the sacked Super Eagles’ coach.


According to the report, Ademola Olajire, assistant director, Media and Communication said the NFF has no letter from a law firm lying on its table.


Olajire said: “We have not received any such letter.”



Meanwhile, Segun Odegbami, a former Eagles player, has explained how Keshi fell into the trap set for him.


The post What Sacked Keshi Wants From NFF As Compensation Will Stun You appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.

No comments:

Post a Comment