Sunday 4 October 2015

Finally: EPL Club Manager Resigns For The Second Time (Photos)

Just eight weeks into the new English Premier League (EPL) season, Sunderland boss, Dick Advocaat, has resigned as the manager of the club.



The 68-year old Dutchman had to leave the club after his team is yet to win a match in the EPL. Advocaat was appointed in March 2012 and managed to help the Black cats escape relegation last season.


Dick Advocaat

Dick Advocaat



READ ALSO: Lukaku Capitalizes On Emre Can Error To Settle Tense Merseyside Derby


According to the coach, it was time to give another person a chance. He said: “I have made the decision to go after only eight games as I felt it was important to give everyone time to turn things around.”


“I want to thank everyone who has stood behind me. This is a very special football club, with so many great people, but I feel it is the right time to do this – not for me, but for the club.


“I have made the decision to go after only eight games as I felt it was important to give everyone time turn things around – like we did last year. I am thankful to the chairman for understanding my feelings and I remain on good terms with everyone at the club.


“I wish Ellis, Lee (Congerton), all of the staff, players and of course the supporters, who made me feel so welcome here, the very best of luck for the rest of the season. I have some wonderful memories to take with me and I hope I will return to see everybody again in the future.”


Advocaat

Advocaat



Advocaat initially stepped-down as Sunderland manager in the summer after helping the team escape relegation last season.


READ ALSO: Southampton Condemn Chelsea To Fourth Defeat In Eight EPL Games



This is coming barely 24 hours Chelsea fans began to clamour for the sack of Jose Mourinho who already told the club to sack him if they want to.


The post Finally: EPL Club Manager Resigns For The Second Time (Photos) appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.

No comments:

Post a Comment